Job Description: Responsible for managing, overseeing, and directing the activities of awarded projects with an emphasis on coordination, timely delivery, and profitability. Manages and organizes all project documentations for use by other departments. This is a full-time position.
Job Responsibilities: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Reviews contract documents including plans and specifications to clearly understand our scope of work. Reviews initial setup documents with Sales/Estimator to clearly understand awarded scope of work. Adjusts and finalizes setup documents to be utilized.
2. Conducts secondary review and approval of contracts to ensure accuracy with scope of work, insurance requirements, exclusions, retainage, and project specific requirements.
3. Prepares, submits, and tracks product submittals for GC and architect approval. Submittals should highlight any questions or clarifications for our scope and include lead times and work duration
4. Collaborates with customers to discuss and resolve construction design issues.
5. Generates detailed and accurate proposals for contract changes.
6. Responsible for understanding the construction schedule and manufacturer lead times to ensure scopes of work are sequenced and completed on time. Persistent follow up of the submittal, change order, field measurement, material ordering/tracking, construction installation and project closeout process.
7. Coordinate with Field Operations for field measurements to ensure accurate and on-time order of materials.
8. Releases orders for fabrication after submittal approval, field measurements are complete, and any accounting holds are clear.
9. Follow up on order confirmation and tracking information for all released orders to ensure timely delivery to GAP warehouse or jobsites.
10. Provides detailed documentation, consistent organization and proactive communication with vendors, GCs, and GAP team members throughout life of projects.
11. Answers and returns calls, emails, and other correspondence in a timely manner.
12. Proactively visits jobsites and attends onsite project meetings as required.
13. Works with field operations department to quickly resolve issues in the field.
14. Collaborates with Field Operations and Accounting to proactively manage project budgets/profitability, change orders and monthly progress billings.
15. Supports other departments: Sales, Field Operations and Accounting when necessary.
16. Performs additional duties assigned as required to support overall company goals and objectives.
Applicant Requirements: EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. 3 years of experience in commercial construction preferred.
2. Proficient in reading and understanding architectural plans and specification.
3. Knowledge of ADA and Building Code is a plus.
1. Ability to manage multiple scopes of work on multiple construction projects in a fast-paced environment.
2. Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and proficient with technology.
3. Dependable, energetic, and self-motivated.
4. Team Player- must be capable and willing to support the team in all areas as needed.
5. Excellent time management skills with ability to meet deadlines.
6. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
7. The ability to learn and develop technical knowledge of all company products is critical to success in this position.
How To Apply: Please visit our website at https://griesenbeck.com/careers/ and use the contact form at the bottom of the page to apply. Upload and send your resume using that form as well.
Company Description: Want to be a part of #whatwevebeenbuilding? Join an award-winning specialty subcontractor with 56 years in Greater Houston and enjoy hybrid work, dedicated mentorship, and unparalleled opportunities for advancement. The Griesenbeck team is committed to creating value for customers and to helping build the places where the Texas Gulf Coast lives, works, worships, learns, and heals. Submit your resume and start your journey with us!