Job Description: Primarily responsible for generating accurate and competitive cost estimates on commercial construction projects. This role will focus on creating new business leads, building, and maintaining customer/vendor relationships, and estimating/selling all company products. This is a full-time position.
Job Responsibilities: Business Development
1. Develops relationships with new customers and maintain relationships with existing customers by attending various business development activities not limited to after-hours customer entertainment, lunches, dinners, continuing education, industry events, and involvement in select trade organizations.
2. Identifies new markets and industries for existing products.
3. Builds and maintains new and existing vendor relationships.
4. Supports Architectural Consultants with the design of new and conceptual projects, creating awareness of company products and obtaining competitive advantage with design and specifications.
Sales & Estimating
1. Works in preconstruction/budgeting phases, as well as bidding new projects. This requires quantity take-offs, solicitation of vendor pricing, assessment of project specific risk/requirements, and evaluating appropriate material, equipment, and labor resources.
2. Works in conjunction with Estimating Team and Vice President of Sales to determine appropriate bid opportunities.
3. Works in conjunction with Architectural Sales Consultants to gain specifications approval of exclusive products on upcoming bid work by creating customer awareness, submitting substitution request, or presenting value-engineering alternates based on project requirements.
4. Drafts bid proposals for customers that accurately outline, scopes of work, qualifications, exclusions, costs and anticipated time frames for materials and installation. Presenting accurate and detailed numbers to our customers in a timely manner is essential. Bid date and times are deadline driven.
5. Aggressively follows up on bid projects with the intent of closing scope packages at targeted margins for all exclusive and commodity product lines.
6. Sells as many of the company’s product lines as possible on each project. The intent is to bundle multiple scopes of work on projects to create value for customers and volume for the company.
7. Achieves or exceeds minimum target bid volume of $15 million per year with a close rate of 30% or higher at targeted margins.
8. Reviews contracts for scope of work, pricing, insurance limits, special project requirements, bonds, retainage, and sales tax accuracy. Negotiates any contract issues or discrepancies with customer prior to project set up.
9. Works with accounting to obtain credit approval and payment terms for new customers and new vendors prior to transition of awarded projects.
10. Provides complete and accurate information for project setup, including construction drawings, detailed schedule of values, takeoffs, vendor quotes, special enrollments/requirements, identification of items that do not conform to plans/specs, unique scopes, contract issues, and any misc. correspondence. This information will be reviewed with Project Manager during project “handoff” meetings to ensure a seamless and proper transition of all projects.
11. Prices change orders on existing contracts when necessary.
12. Ensures availability for out-of-town travel for product training as required.
13. Supports other department: project management, operations, and accounting, as necessary.
Applicant Requirements: EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Previous commercial construction experience preferred.
2. Proficient in reading and understanding architectural plans and specification.
3. Knowledge of ADA and Building Code is a plus.
4. Prior technical knowledge of building specialty products is a plus.
1. Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and proficient with technology.
2. Dependable, energetic, and self-motivated.
3. Team Player- must be capable and willing to support the team in all areas as needed.
4. Excellent time management skills with ability to meet deadlines.
5. Proficient in identifying/quantifying scopes of work (take-offs) from architectural plans.
6. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
7. The ability to learn and develop technical knowledge of all company products is critical to success in this position.
How To Apply: Visit www.griesenbeck.com and use the form to submit your resume and apply.
Company Description: Join an award-winning specialty subcontractor with 56 years in Greater Houston and enjoy hybrid work, dedicated mentorship, and unparalleled opportunities for advancement. The Griesenbeck team is committed to creating value for customers and to helping build the places where the Texas Gulf Coast lives, works, worships, learns, and heals. Submit your resume and start your journey with us!