Job Description: Energy Architecture is looking for an experienced and ambitious project manager to help grow a strong and expert firm. Our ideal team-mate loves the practice of architecture, making fine buildings, and solving their clients’ problems. They seek responsibility, ask hard questions, collaborate well with very smart team members and allies, and dedicate their time to making both buildings and practice better.
The successful Project Manager will fulfill the client’s needs and goals by assuring that their projects are correct, complete, and exceed the clients’ expectations. They’ll help develop a project’s Scope, Schedule, Budget, and Team and work with all of the project’s stakeholders — from owners to surveyors, to make projects run smoothly and soundly. They will manage Energy’s project team and our consultants to deliver the best project possible. They’ll also want to grow professionally and to help their team to grow and succeed.
Job Responsibilities: • Plan – Plan project execution initiation to completion; establish a very clear Scope, Schedule, Budget, and Team and manage those components throughout the project;
• Lead – Lead Energy’s team and consultants with clear instructions and expectations for both quality and progress, direct their deliverables and interactions with the owner, contractors, and owner consultants;
• Design -Coordinate with designers to drive primary design ideas, using design experience to adapt and enhance the building as the project progresses;
• Manage – Manage both time and work of Energy and consultant team, adjusting outlook frequently;
• Account – Manage Energy team’s hours, consultant costs, and project expenses; assemble monthly draft invoice for project and work with owner to coordinate payment;
• Collaborate – Drive appropriate collaboration both inside and outside office — assure the project has all the help it needs from accounting, design, consultants, allies, and colleagues;
• Improve – Improve the team’s and their own personal expertise – mentor and help junior staff and promote opportunities for professional development;
• Push Project – Use project experience to assure team works toward projects of the highest appropriate quality; anticipate next steps, identify and avoid potential problems, and use established best practices to build real solutions.
Applicant Requirements: Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Environmental Design
• 10+ years of successful practice in an Architecture firm
• 5+ years of modeling commercial or industrial projects in BIM software
• 8+ years of experience in multiple project phases
• Excellent knowledge of construction documentation standards
• Excellent knowledge of primary building systems and details
• Knowledge of CSI Specifications process
• 3+ years of successful management of relevant projects
• Capability with CSI specification software
This Job description is not all-inclusive, and certain activities, duties or responsibilities may be required of the employee as needed.
How To Apply: Email resume to ElizabethB@energyarch.com. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Company Description: ENERGY ARCHITECTURE is a Houston-based architecture firm, providing design expertise to institutions and companies at facilities throughout the Gulf Coast region. Our portfolio includes a wide spectrum of building types and sizes, from renovations to new campus design. We emphasize comprehensive and coordinated analysis, programming, and planning, with a passion for resolving complex technical challenges through effective and economical building solutions. Since our formation in 2006, rapid response and personal attention have been the cornerstones of our commitment to successful project implementation.