Job Description: Energy Architecture is looking for a motivated project architect that wishes to be part of a dynamic and growing architecture practice. Our ideal team-mate loves the practice of architecture, making fine buildings, and solving their clients’ problems. They seek responsibility, ask hard questions, collaborate well with very smart team members and allies, and dedicate their time to making both buildings and practice better.
The successful Project Architect will fulfill the client’s needs and goals by correctly and completely documenting each project’s appropriate physical and contractual elements. They’ll use their judgment seasoned by design and construction phase experience to improve the clients’ built projects. They’ll also want to grow professionally and to help their team to grow and succeed.
Job Responsibilities: • Design – General space planning in Conceptual and Schematic Design Phases;
• Model – Use Building Information Modeling (BIM) software to quickly and correctly model projects;
• Document – Effectively, correctly, and completely document all phases of a project from Schematic Design to Contract Documents and Construction Administration;
• Understand – Develop and maintain knowledge of primary building systems and techniques;
• Collaborate – Communicate well, clearly, and in appropriate detail with engineering consultants, vendors, contractors, and colleagues;
• Improve – Improve the team’s and their own personal expertise – ask questions of colleagues and allies, pursue licensure and continuous training, and promote opportunities for professional development;
• Push Project – Understand the Architect’s role as team captain by “taking the reins” when a problem arises.
Applicant Requirements: Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Environmental Design
• 3+ years of successful practice in an Architecture firm
• 3+ years of modeling commercial or industrial projects in BIM software
• 3+ years of experience in multiple project phases
• Working knowledge of construction documentation standards
• Working knowledge of primary building systems and details
• Working knowledge of CSI Specifications process
• Capability with rendering software
• Capability with one of the CSI Specification Softwares
This Job description is not all-inclusive, and certain activities, duties or responsibilities may be required of the employee as needed.
How To Apply: Email resume to ElizabethB@energyarch.com. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Company Description: ENERGY ARCHITECTURE is a Houston-based architecture firm, providing design expertise to institutions and companies at facilities throughout the Gulf Coast region. Our portfolio includes a wide spectrum of building types and sizes, from renovations to new campus design. We emphasize comprehensive and coordinated analysis, programming, and planning, with a passion for resolving complex technical challenges through effective and economical building solutions. Since our formation in 2006, rapid response and personal attention have been the cornerstones of our commitment to successful project implementation.