Job Description: The Houston, TX office of KW Landscape Architects (KW) is seeking a Business Development Representative or Manager responsible for building and maintaining client relationships and industry partnerships for the continued growth and expansion of KW in Houston and surrounding areas. We are looking for an individual with a strong background in the AEC (Architecture, Engineering & Construction) industry who is outgoing, highly motivated, and able to work independently. The position works closely with Principals, Project Managers and members of the Business Development team to identify new market sectors and prospects. The Business Development Representative must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, research skills, business intelligence, and the ability to prioritize tasks and think strategically. This individual should understand the local AEC current events, development initiatives, CIP programs, competition, actively seek placement on project teams and be active in AEC professional organizations.
Job Responsibilities: • Work with Business Development team to create annual Houston BD Plan
• Meet with new/existing clients alone or with office leadership
• Attend local AEC organization events (luncheons, happy hours, breakfasts, etc.) for networking opportunities
• Assist with identifying and tracking opportunities that align with the BD plan
• Collaborate with BD Manager(s) or office leadership in identifying sponsorship opportunities and work with the marketing team to organize sponsorships.
• Monitor local news, events and real estate trends relevant to the market
• Support BD Manager or office leadership with strategic planning and research of prospect clients and competitors
• Maintain status of proposals and opportunities in CRM system (Ajera).
• Collaborate with BD Manager(s) or office leadership to identify BD budget and track BD expenses
• Increase understanding of AEC industry and the RFQ process
• Assist in planning, organizing and executing client outreach events
• Performs other duties as assigned
Applicant Requirements: • A Bachelor’s degree is preferred and/or certificate in related industry
• 1+ years of business development or 5+ years of marketing experience in AEC industry
• Basic understanding of AEC industry
• Ability to learn and use company preferred software used for completing administrative tasks, planning, office communications etc.
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic
• Detail-oriented with ability to anticipate needs
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to communicate well both written and verbally with teammates and leadership, aligning with company’s phone and etiquette best practices
• Ability to initiate conversations and network with professionals in the AEC Industry
• Possess a positive attitude
• Ability to complete a multi-step process and/or task
• Collaborative and supportive team member
• Ability to create excellent notes
• Ability to work outside of the office +/50% of the time for BD related activities
• Authorized to work in the United States
How To Apply: https://kwtexas.com/career/business-development-representative/
Company Description: ABOUT KW LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS
At KW, our culture is what makes us unique. Our teams are a collective of likeminded individuals with a passion to design exceptional outdoor environments, exemplifying form and function. KW projects are buzzworthy! Our work has been featured in publications such as CNN, Houston Chronicle, The Today Show, Buzzfeed, Business Insider, and more. The team that makes these famous projects happen is made up of designers with passion, construction managers with grit, and dedicated marketing and administrative professionals with a get-it-done attitude. Our offices are fast-paced, collaborative, and fun with a healthy work ethic. Search our website to learn more about our story, our team, and our work!
SALARY & PERKS
KW offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Beyond our culture, we have some great perks. We enjoy 1/2 day Fridays, an endless supply of coffee and office snacks, work from home flexibility, and a competitive benefits package including PTO, a 401K plan with matching contributions, health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), a monthly wellness stipend, and we support your AEC industry involvement through memberships. Professional development is a cornerstone of our firm, and we want you to continue to grow in your field.